The Sales and Production Assistant plays an integral role in the efficient running of Studio Voltaire’s sales and fundraising activities – supporting sales activity and production of House of Voltaire, art fairs and additional national and international projects. As one of three front of house members of staff, the Sales and Production Assistant also acts as first point of contact for all visitors and provides administrative support to a range of staff and across operational areas.
Occasional opportunities for international travel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Acting as ‘Front of House’ and first point of contact for the organisation through greeting visitors and communicating exhibition and events information
• Fielding general telephone and email enquiries and directing enquiries to the relevant staff member
• Recording visitor and participation numbers for exhibitions and events
• The sorting and sending of post, receiving deliveries.
• Ensuring the office, gallery, public areas and kitchen are clean and presentable
• Supporting the smooth operation of the office by monitoring and ordering printer, stationary, kitchen and janitorial supplies
• Providing general IT support and administration (training provided)
• Supporting routine office maintenance as required
• Assisting with customer service enquires and sales at the gallery, online and via telephone
• Managing the sales@ email address
• Ensuring the gallery store is restocked and merchandised daily
• Order processing and dispatch – ensuring all products are dispatched within 24 hours of placement whilst adhering to packing standards
• Merchandise processing – stock check and inventory data entry
• Purchase Order creation and product data entry
• Warehouse and Inventory Control – ensuring accurate product levels across multi-channel platforms
• Maintain clear, ordered and functional warehouse and storage spaces
• Updating website content and supporting management of website content – ensuring accurate text, pricing and stock levels across multi-channel platforms
• Assisting with stock preparation and shipping for external temporary stores
Employer: Studio Voltaire Ltd
Job Title: Sales and Production Assistant
Responsible to: Sales and Production Manager
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Fixed term contract for 12 months. Three days per week including one weekend day during exhibition periods. Workdays can be discussed at interview stage. Up to 24 hours per week, exclusive of breaks. Additional hours are available, on agreement, during busy peak periods. Occasional evening work is offered for events.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Sales and Production Assistant Application.
Deadline for Applications: 5pm, Friday 31 August 2018.
Over the next three years, Studio Voltaire is expected to expand significantly, with an increase in annual turnover through additional earned income streams and change in the financial risk profile. The next 12 months are key to ensuring the organisation is prepared for this financial change. We are seeking a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees – supporting on a VAT review; support the Deputy Director on the production of accurate long term forecasts; advise on the transition to using a trading subsidiary.
The Treasurer oversees the financial affairs of the organisation and ensures they are legal, constitutional and within accepted charitable accounting practice (SORP). Ensuring proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place, the Treasurer will work closely with the Deputy Director to monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
1. Support the Deputy Director on financial management queries
2. Reporting to the board and informing all members of their financial duties and responsibilities.
3. Assisting the Deputy Director in liaison with auditors and independent examiners to ensure that accounts are audited in the manner prescribed by the Charity Commission.
4. Reviewing the financial policy annually and advising on any changes required, including: investments, record keeping, financial viability of plans and proposals.
• Knowledge and experience of current fundraising and financial practice for voluntary and community organisations.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
• Good financial analysis skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Strong interest in contemporary art and culture.
Studio Voltaire is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and are committed to building a diverse workforce and governance. We particularly encourage applications from candidates from BAME backgrounds and diverse social economic backgrounds who are currently underrepresented in employment within contemporary art practice.
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 30 September 2018
For further details please contact Deputy Director email@example.com