- By Bike
Bike racks are available at the end of Nelsons Row, near Clapham High Street. The nearest Cycle Hire Docking Stations are on Gauden Road and Clapham Common Underground Station.
Bikes, electric bikes and scooters of any description cannot be stored or left in the garden.
Folding bikes must be kept with visitors at all times or locked up at a bike rack.
Scooters and electric bikes must be parked on the street.
- By Underground
Clapham Common: Northern Line, 500m or 3 minute walk. No wheelchair access
Clapham North: Northern Line, 600m or 6 minute walk.
- By Overground
Clapham High Street: Direct services to Peckham Rye, Shoreditch and Clapham Junction. 6 minute walk.
- By Bus
Routes 50, 88, 155, 322, 345 and N155 stop at ‘Nelsons Row’ on Clapham High Street.
- By Car
We strongly encourage visitors to walk, cycle or use public transport wherever possible.
There are no parking facilities, including accessible parking, at Studio Voltaire. There is pay and display parking on the surrounding streets and Sainsbury’s Car Park (entrance on Clapham Park Road). Blue badge holders are able to park on Nelsons Row where Studio Voltaire is located.
- Visiting safely during coronavirus
There is no need to book your visit in advance, but please feel free to contact us if you have any specific access requirements you would like to discuss.
- Provided hand sanitiser at entrances.
- Limited capacity to ensure that social distancing can be practiced at all times.
- Introduced new protocols for staff and provided guidance and training to them for safer working practice.
- Clean all touch points around the space regularly throughout the day.
- Ensure social distancing can be practiced.
- Ensure that staff follow safe practices including wearing masks in public areas.
- Regularly review and revise our protocols as necessary.
- That you wear a mask for the duration of your visit if you are able to.
- That you use the hand sanitiser upon arrival and before departure.
- That you do not interact with or touch any of the artworks.
- That you are considerate to others and practice social distancing.
- That you listen to staff and respect any requests they may make.
- That if you’re not feeling well, please stay at home.
We encourage all visitors to bring their own headphones for exhibitions that feature video works. If you are unable to bring your own headphones, a small number will be available from our gallery assistants, which are cleaned before and after use.
Studio Voltaire is committed to making our venues accessible to everyone and to creating equal experiences for all people. Full access information can be viewed on our Access page.
If you need assistance with your visit please contact us on 0207 622 1294 or email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do everything we can to make sure you have a positive experience at Studio Voltaire.
- Studio Voltaire has step-free access throughout
- Accessible toilets are available on the ground floor and on the first floor
- Baby change facilities are also available in the ground floor public toilets
- All toilets at Studio Voltaire are gender neutral
- Information about current exhibitions and events are available in large print, please ask a member of our team
- Chairs are available to borrow in the exhibition spaces by asking a member of staff
- Service and assistance dogs of all kinds are welcome in all areas of Studio Voltaire
- Disabled people can request a free ticket for a person accompanying them to a paid event by calling or emailing our team at email@example.com
- Please note that we do not have cloakroom or locker facilities available
- Buggies, children’s scooters, and folding bikes are allowed in all areas of Studio Voltaire but cannot be left unattended. Buggies, children’s scooters and folding bikes can be folded and taken into the galleries.
- Studio Voltaire does not have any baggage or suitcase storage facilities. Suitcases and other baggage must be with the visitor at all times and they cannot be taken into the gallery. Normal bags can be taken into the gallery but if someone has a large backpack or bag please ask them to carry it or wear it on their front.
- Group Visits
Studio Voltaire welcomes schools, community groups and group visits. To arrange a guided tour or workshop, or if you are planning a visit of over 20 people, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)207 622 1294.