Studio Voltaire relies on our Benefactors to play a vital role in supporting our key activities, from the commissioning of major new works, and development of our innovative participatory and offsite programmes, to the provision of much–needed affordable on site studios for artists.
Studio Voltaire is a registered charity and part of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio.
All of our exhibitions, commissions and participatory projects, as well as 88% of all overheads, are fundraised for in their entirety through the kind patronage of individuals, and funding from charitable trusts and foundations.
You can support Studio Voltaire by joining our family of Benefactors, making a one off donation, or supporting a specific exhibition, comission or project. Your donation will directly contribute to the sustainability, ambition, and future development of one London’s leading independent arts organisations.
We develop a close and reciprocal relationship with all of our Benefactors, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a tailored package of benefits whilst enabling Studio Voltaire to flourish and increase the amount of support and opportunities we offer to artists.
For more information about supporting Studio Voltaire, please contact Niamh Conneely, Head of Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 622 1294.
From £2,500 per annum or £210 per month
As a Programme Patron, you will join our intimate group of key advocates of Studio Voltaire and have the opportunity to participate in a deeper engagement with the organisation and commissioning process.
As well as all Patron Benefits, you will receive:
– Privileged access to commissioned artists and regular dialogue with the Director, Trustees and Development Committee.
– Two invitations to our Annual Studio Voltaire Benefactors dinner attended by artists, designers, collectors, curators and gallerists.
– Exclusive invitations to privately hosted offsite events including bespoke dinners, studio visits, collection tours, performances and artist talks throughout the year.
– 10% discount on House of Voltaire editions and products up to the value of £5,000.
From £1000 per annum or £85 per month
As well as all of the Supporter benefits, you will receive:
– An invitation to our Annual Studio Voltaire Benefactors dinner attended by artists, designers, collectors, curators and gallerists.
– Invitations to privately hosted offsite events with artists, designers, curators and collectors.
– Out of hours curator–led tours of all exhibitions, commissions and projects as well as other must–see shows across London.
– VIP access to all House of Voltaire in–store and offsite events.
– 10% discount on House of Voltaire editions and special artists’ products up to the value of £2,500.
From £500 per annum or £45 per month
As well as all of the Friend benefits, you will receive:
– Advanced access to special launch prices new artist’s editions and special product launches throughout the year.
– Named acknowledgement on our ‘Thank You’ board at the entrance to the gallery, as well as in all communications, publications and our website.
– Regular programme updates from the Director.
– Exclusive access to House of Voltaire events.
From £50 per annum or £5 per month
We invite you to become a Friend and enjoy the following benefits:
– Invitations to join commissioned artists at previews of all exhibitions.
– Special invitations to onsite talks, performances and events.
– Named acknowledgement on our website.
– Advanced access to House of Voltaire.
We kindly invite you to join our intimate group of advocates by supporting a specific exhibition or project and directly supporting the commissioning and presentation of groundbreaking and ambitious new work.
Studio Voltaire has an outstanding track record of supporting artists at a key stage in their careers by providing their first institutional presentations in London, and most ambitious commissions to date. Our pioneering public programmes of exhibitions, participation projects, live events and off–site commissions have gained an international reputation.
Studio Voltaire invests wholly in the production of new work that might not always be possible in commercial galleries or larger institutions. We champion emerging and under represented artists, placing great emphasis on risk–taking and experimentation, allowing us to offer an alternative and agenda–setting view of contemporary art.
Exhibiting artists have included: Phyllida Barlow, Judith Bernstein, Monster Chetwynd, Anne Collier, Nicole Eisenman, Sharon Hayes, Jamian Juliano–Villani, Sanya Kantarovsky, Ella Kruglyanskaya, Cookie Mueller & Vittorio Scarpati, Henrik Olesen, The Neo Naturists, Elizabeth Price, Charlotte Prodger, Richard Slee, Jo Spence, Cathy Wilkes.
Studio Voltaire commissions have also gone on to be presented at and collected by major institutions including Tate Modern, Tate Britain, British Museum, Museum Ludwig, Moderna Museet and Migros Museum.
We provide our diverse local and international audiences with an incredible opportunity to experience these groundbreaking commissions first–hand. Studio Voltaire is a registered charity and our commissions are fundraised in their entirety through the kind patronage of individuals, and funding from charitable trusts and foundations.
You can support particular exhibitions or projects becoming a Lead Supporter from £10,000; Exhibition Supporter from £5,000; or joining a Supporter’s Circle, from £2,500.
For more information about becoming an Exhibition and Project Patron, please contact Niamh Conneely, Head of Development and Communications at email@example.com or 0207 622 1294.
As a registered charity we welcome all donations, however large or small. Every donation makes a difference to achieving the ambitions of Studio Voltaire, the support we can offer artists, and the projects we can present to our diverse audiences.
Your donation, no matter how large or small, can qualify for tax relief under Gift Aid as long as the donor is a UK tax payer.
For example, if you give Studio Voltaire a donation of £1000, we can reclaim an extra £250 from the Inland Revenue, which makes a huge difference to our charity’s income.
If you are a UK tax payer and complete a Self Assessment or are a higher rate tax payer, you can also benefit.
For example: if you become a Programme Patron and make a donation of £2,500, as a higher rate UK tax payer you could be entitled to claim up to £625 from the Inland Revenue. This means that your donation of £2,500 to Studio Voltaire would cost you only £1,875.
In order for your contribution to be tax effective in the US, may we suggest your donation is made payable to CAF America, which is registered in the US as a 501(c) (3) tax–exempt organisation.
As a US 501(c)(3) public charity, gifts to CAF America are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
CAF America serves as an intermediary grantmaker, allowing US donors to support international causes tax-effectively. By making their gift to CAF America, US donors can receive a tax-receipt for their gift.
CAF America will charge a 5% administrative fee for handling this donation and forwarding this fee to Studio Voltaire.
Patron membership makes a very special gift. Please contact us if you would like to enquire further about Gift Patronage.
We accept donations in a variety of ways:
Please call or email us for further information and account details.